- By admin
- In Jobs
Would you like to be the welcoming and trustworthy face of our successful garage?
Would you like to build a career, with every year becoming more qualified than the last?
Do you love cars, and know the difference between a camshaft and a crankshaft?
If you answered yes to all of the above, then please continue to read.
We are looking to recruit a : Service Advisor (Front of House)
Hours of Work : Monday – Friday 08:15am – 5:15pm
Salary : £19,000 to £24,000 – depending on experience and knowledge
Welcome to Ewan Lawson Motors.
Ewan Lawson Motors started in 1983 by Ewan Lawson with Barry Lawson joining in 2001.
A few facts about us :
1) We have modern software to build reports on the performance of the garage
2) We have automated systems to help us care for our customers and their cars
3) We are passionate about being the best, and tour the country learning from other tech-professionals
4) We joined the DPF Doctor Network in 2017
5) We are continuously growing
6) Our customer service is extremely important!
What is our Mission statement?
To be the leading independent garage in Falkirk and surrounding areas !
How are we going to achieve this?
By building on our already good reputation and passion for doing a good reliable job in an environment where customers and staff feel comfortable to visit and work.
What is our Vision?
For Ewan Lawson Motors to be a slick, clean garage where customers feel happy to bring and leave their cars to be worked on.
Customer service is vital, the customer always comes first. Nothing is too much trouble!
What are our Values?
Honesty – Above all else – honesty is key in reputation.
Trust – The customer must see and believe in the value & honesty they are getting in every job .
Polite – The team must be polite, courteous and happy!
This should extend to each other as well as customers.
Also include suppliers in this (even if the part is wrong).
Approach the bad situation in a positive way.
Essential requirements of applicant:
1. Educational qualifications that demonstrate proficiency in English Language and Maths plus experience in effectively operating Excel, Word and accounting systems.
2. The ability to act proactively and with limited direct supervision, while at the same time recognising when matters need to be referred to others.
3. A thorough understanding of customer service procedures, office systems and general processes and the ability to translate that understanding to ensure the effective working of the particular processes and systems of the organisation.
4. The written and oral communication skills necessary to initiate and respond to correspondence, to make thorough notes and to deal with other forms of communication.
5. The interpersonal skills necessary to sustain effective relationships on behalf of our garage with external bodies and with its suppliers.
6. The ability to work accurately with detailed information and to ensure that practical tasks are effectively implemented.
7. E-literate and competent in developing, administering and using PC/laptop and associated networks and systems to acquire, manipulate and disseminate information.
8. An enthusiasm for and interest in the motor industry and information and communication technology.
9. Present our style of customer service to develop relationships with customers.
10. Present yourself in a manner appropriate to the situation.
11.Develop own knowledge of our garage, its context and its services.
12. Suggest new processes and practices to accommodate new objectives and technological developments.
13. Develop daily work plans for job objectives.
14. Keep people informed of progress on key tasks.
15. Identify and highlight potential obstacles in achieving objectives and propose solutions where appropriate.
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do not forget to include a contact number.
If your application is successful then you will be invited to an interview at our garage, the address is:
10 Central Park Ave,
It will be a competency based interview, where you will be asked to describe examples of when you have demonstrated relevant behaviour and you will be asked to complete a short computer skill test.
01324 570 400
Equal Opportunities Employer
We are an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to equality of opportunity and to providing a service which is free from unfair and unlawful discrimination. Our aim is that no customer, applicant, or member of staff receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be relevant to performance. It seeks also to ensure that no person is victimised or subjected to any form of bullying or harassment.
Data Protection, Confidentiality &GDPR
We make confidentiality a priority and each employee must comply with this.
Any information provided to us will be kept private and is only to be shared with management. Your information will be stored on a protected electronic database, and deleted after the successful applicant has been appointed. If you are the successful applicant, then your information will be stored on your private employee file. We are fully compliant with GDPR procedures. For further information please call : 01324 570 400 and ask to speak to Barry Lawson.